Monday, April 19, 2010

People Scare Me

I don't know if it's because there's just so much more availability and access to the world nowadays or if it's because people really are that much more crazy, but I am constantly surprised and disturbed by people out there. It used to be a random story of someone far away and you'd read the story and be surprised and maybe a little disgusted, but thought it was a fluke of nature and you would move on with your life. Not anymore. These "stories" are popping up more and more and I'm truly worried for the state of mankind and for the life my son will have to live when he's older. Thankfully he has very little idea of what the world is really like right now.

So I hear this story on the radio the other day about a woman who recently found out she was pregnant, happy times right? but no, she has a problem... she doesn't know who the father is and there are three, count 'em 3, different men it could be! I was disgusted slightly, but not as much as when I started hearing the callers trying to help her figure out what to do. I was truly amazed at how many people in just this area have been in the same situation and they all talked about it so nonchalantly. I'm no saint, believe you me, but this was too much. Are you really sleeping around that much that you can't even pin down who knocked you up? Ugh! No wonder there's so much disease out there. I'm wearing gloves and a mask permanently.

Then I hear of a story of a person who intentionally threw up on someone at a baseball game, a child no less. I have a severe aversion to vomit and this story just made it worse. That poor kid. What is wrong with someone who would do this? And again, this is why drunk people make me insane. How is drinking to the point of spewing on fellow fans fun? There's a special place for people like this.

I could go on and on, and I probably will have more fun stories like these in the days to come, but I have a bad taste in my mouth right now, so I'll end this here. Have fun with the crazies out there!

3 comments:

  1. And is it any wonder I like the idea of homeschooling my children?

    Personally I think it's a little bit of both, more access to the crazies and just plain more crazies. Think about this too. People who listen to the news and read posts on Facebook or news sites, or whatever, what gets spread the fastest? It's not the cute story of the boyscout who helped 20 little old ladies across the road with their groceries just because he's a good kid. Oh no, it's the story of the freak at the baseball game and the crazy chick who can't keep her pants on. In many cases its you and I doing it as we want to share what seems like something inconceivable to us just to make sure we've not lost touch with reality... Sensationalism in the media is to blame for a good percentage of the problem. Want to get in the news? Go sleep with 10 men and get knocked up, don't bother spending your 2 weeks of vacation a year with your family building a house for habitat for humanity. Yep, you hit a nerve if you hadn't noticed. I'll leave off the ranting for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "How is drinking to the point of spewing on fellow fans fun? There's a special place for people like this."

    Yeah, it's called Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Shove.

    ReplyDelete