Monday, April 26, 2010

I Might Have One Too Many Pair...

I love shoes. To those who know me, this isn't a big surprise. I also love clothes, make up, product in general. I love shopping. Pretty typical girly things, but I'm now wondering how I got this way. I'm getting to the point that I want to actually pare down my possessions and I'm wondering if that means something is wrong with me.

I wasn't denied stuff as a kid and in the same turn, I wasn't that kid who wore designer duds and shopped at all the best stores. I'm not sure when the transition happened, but at this point in my life I realize I have a lot of stuff. I'm not a compulsive shopper by any means, but I could honestly shop all day everday and not think twice. I love the way new stuff makes me feel. The only problem is it's a short lived sensation, which would probably explain why I never get tired of it. I will literally spend hours in a store, walking around and around, contemplating my purchases and wondering if there is a better deal, something else I might need, justifying the purchase. It's become a science to me. If I had a degree in shopping, it would surely be a doctorate.

The only thing stopping me from having more than I currently do is the fact that I do have a limited amount of money to my name and a finite amount of space, but there is always hope. This is my grand goal in life, to keep shopping. Some people want to cure cancer and have world peace, and I am just hoping to have a closet big enough to satisfy my desires one day. I need help. It's really not entirely my fault... all these companies keep coming out with such adorable, enticing goodies, what am I supposed to do? I'm a marketing departments best friend. I'm the one they make the pretty bottles and "new and improved' products for. I totally eat it all up.

One day I'll be old and decrepit, but at least I'll look cute and smell good.

3 comments:

  1. Oh God... I knew there was a reason we get along!!!

    Psycho-babble friend: Is there a hole you're trying to fill with stuff? Is your love cup running dry?

    Keepin' it real: So, when are we going to TJ Maxx??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm sure there's a hole of some kind... I'm ready to shop whenever you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to pare down my possessions as well. I'm not into fancy clothes or shoes, but I have far more than I ought to. My t-shirt collection is probably 150-200 strong. Since I only wear a few things, and most of them are 6-10 years old, I think it's long past time to dump some stuff, especially since I'm throwing money away on a storage unit. No, it's not full of clothes, just other junk accumulated over many moons and many moves.

    ReplyDelete