Thursday, January 20, 2011

Make-up, Speedlight, and Books... Oh My!!!

So, since it's been a while since I did any blogging, it's time for catch up. Well of course we had the holidays and those are always fun and maddening at the same time. Our family always goes overboard even when we say we won't. Perhaps, we should stop saying that.

My most prized new possession is the speedlight I received from my dear T. He knew it was one of those last major things I'd like to have as part of my burgeoning photography career. I had mentioned it here and there, but never thought seriously about it because it's kinda pricey and big, but there it was. I was so excited. I feel even more professional now with this huge spotlight on my camera. This thing is getting heavy. I'm going to develop a photographer's muscle in my neck just toting it around. Anyway, back to the awesomeness that is the speedlight... it makes such a huge difference in your photos. No more deer in the headlights, stark, unflattering shadows. This illuminates the whole room! We played around with it at Christmas for some family photos. I got it back out the other night to play with it some more. I feel like we're getting somewhere now.

I'll post some pics later.

Make up... my latest money stealing addiction. I mean, I've worn make up for some time now, but it's getting a bit out of hand. I'm discovering the joy of all those upscale brands out there, all the fun colors and products that are supposed to make you look natural without looking made up. At this rate I will be able to make a small country look gorgeous in no time. I love the crap these products tell you though... what they're supposed to do, what they're capable of. I think I should be able to pull a lawsuit out of this somehow.

New Books

I love to read. I've always loved reading. I love getting swept up in some other person's life for a while. I've now completed quite a few series as of late. I was convinced into reading The 39 Clues, loved them... still working on them. Yes, I know they're for young adults. I've read the Hunger Games trilogy... LOVED. I read the Trueblood series, also thoroughly enjoyed. Now I'm onto the Darkfever series. I owe all of these to my dear friends. I get so overwhelmed in a bookstore and never know what to choose next, so I just let my friends do it for me. So far, we're batting a thousand. I'm considering starting a book club amongst us.

I've started to realize that I like having distractions and lists. They give me control in a world where I have little control. I think that's what has been throwing me off all these years. Now I need to just continue to harness this power and we'll all be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment