Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's All About Me

I think the older I get, the more selfish I get. Maybe that's a horrible thing to say or to become, but frankly, I just don't care that much anymore. I try to do the right thing and be the nicer, better person, but it seems to get very little return in this day and age. I'm starting to realize it's my life and if I want it to be a certain way, then that requires certain sacrifices in other aspects of my life. Oh well.

I mean, why do we try so hard to make all this money and save all this money... we can't take it with us. I think it's funny how many hours people work, especially in this area, only to buy these ridiculous homes that are out in the middle of nowhere that they barely ever get to enjoy because they're just working all the time to pay for it anyway.

I try to be nice and go that little extra mile to help people out, be it letting a car get in front of me, or holding the door for someone and you barely get a "thank you" anymore. Everyone has become so self centered and I get tired of trying.

I see people all around me and on television that seem to get things they don't deserve so maybe life really is just a big crap-shoot. I tend to believe in karma and things happening for a reason, but now I'm not so sure. Maybe stuff just happens. We have no control. There are countless books on religion and happiness when I'm starting to think, none of it really matters. We each get a certain amount of years on this planet and you should just do what you do and enjoy it while you can. I guess I'm glad to just be able to wake up each day. Although some days, I'd love to just stay in bed and wait for the following day depending on how I feel that day.

Perhaps I should just enter curmudgeon-hood sooner that I had anticipated. I seem to be on the right track so far.

I think I'll start adding a little something extra to the blogs each day just for fun... today's "little something" is a new site I'm enjoying quite a lot as a make-up junkie that I am...

xsparkage.com

She's self taught for the most part and does some great stuff with make up and it's fun to see new products without having to shell out the dough myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment